About this course
Dal is a generic word for the array of friendly, comforting Indian dishes that showcase the endlessly adaptable lentil. But beyond these soupy stews, versatile lentils can also be turned into snacks, celebratory desserts — even a form of community service. A fantastic source of protein and fiber, discover five unique dal recipes from across India.
About the teacher
1. Kadamba SambarA comforting lentil and vegetable stew.6 mins
2. Masala VadaiShare this crunchy South Indian lentil snack.5 mins
3. Amritsari Langarwali DalA dish served to Sikh pilgrims by volunteers.5 mins
4. Vegetarian DhansakAromatic spices add warmth to this Parsi staple.7 mins
5. Paruppu PayasamAn energizing breakfast or healthy dessert.5 mins