About This Recipe
This spread — made with kalamata olives, feta, capers, and yogurt — is wonderful in wraps and sandwiches, as a dip, or even diluted with a little vinegar, whey, or water to make a creamy salad dressing.
Packed with flavor, this is a craveable way to get beneficial fats and probiotics into your regular rotation. Try using this in place of any sour cream or mayo-based spread or dip, and see how easy it can be to choose a healthy habit.
4 to 6 or more if used as part of an appetizer spread Servings
- 1 cup (180 g) kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup (180 g) feta, drained
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) brined capers, drained (if using salted ones, rinse and dry them well)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper or dried red pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp (3 g) fresh oregano, chives, or parsley, chopped
Step 1Blend the olives, feta, capers, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, and pepper until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed, then stir in the chopped herbs and serve. This will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
About the author
This simple salad is almost a quick pickle, using a bright vinaigrette to balance the beets’ earthy sweetness. A bowl of these enhances just about any meal.
Belizean Pickled Onions
This tangy, crunchy, and fiery red onion condiment from Belize brightens up sandwiches or salads
Try this antioxidant-rich recipe of braised artichokes in white wine sauce and dressed in olive oil