About this course
In Ayurveda, the elements — air, space, fire, water, and earth — combine to form three doshas: elemental types that shape a person’s health and wellbeing. Because the six rasas, or tastes, draw from the same elements, Ayurveda believes food is medicine, and ingredients can be used to restore or maintain balance between the doshas. Learn to cook according to Ayurvedic principles with Moina Oberoi.
About the teacher
1. Sweet: Beet Millet PulaoIn Ayurveda, sweet doesn’t always mean dessert!4 mins
2. Astringent: Raw Banana & Black Chickpea StewA wholesome, nutrient-dense vegan dish.6 mins
3. Bitter: Tambdi & Methi BhajiBitter greens with crunchy coconut garnish.5 mins
4. Salty & Sour: Ginger PickleImmunity-boosting, gut-friendly pickled ginger.5 mins
5. Pungent: Eggplant SatayAyurvedic cooking with international flavors.4 mins