Reclaim Your Attention
- Become aware of ways your attention is taken from you.
- Learn meditations to become more mindful of your time and energy.
- Regain control over your own attention.
About this course
Where is your attention going? Corporations spend billions vying for it — and it works. Technology's affects can have disastrous repercussions on our mental and emotional wellbeing, our relationships, and even our physical health. The good news is through mindful practices, you can reclaim your attention by living wisely and intentionally. In this course, you'll learn from UX designer and mindfulness teacher Jay Vidyarthi meditations and creative practices to make real changes in your day-to-day life while becoming your own attention activist.
About the teacher
1. Your River Is FloodingThis awareness and attention practice will help you to take a break, relax, and start investing in your own attention economy.16 mins
2. Watching TV, and Space for ChoiceExplore media streaming as an opportunity to practice and pay attention to the subtle reactive urges that show up in your body when you consume media.17 mins
3. App CravingsWe live much of our lives virtually now. In this session you'll learn to balance your tech reliance and curb your craving for the screen.16 mins
4. The Sweet SpotThrough questioning our assumptions about how we interact with technology, we learn to make space for intentional choices.15 mins
5. Shaping Your EnvironmentOur environment shapes who we are and who we become - learn to make changes to your environments for long-lasting impact.19 mins
6. Thank You for Being AwareAwareness can feel hard to cultivate, but when we train ourselves to notice patterns and habits, we naturally gravitate toward change.12 mins
7. You Better Be InterestingLearn to cultivate happiness and wellbeing so that technology can't easily disrupt your peace and distract you from what really matters.13 mins
8. Freedom of AttentionUnderstand your role as an attention activist, and cultivate a thoughtful relationship with technology through mindfulness practices that invite healthy change.15 mins